I have just updated my book about buying or selling property in Ireland, “Buying a House in Ireland: A Step by Step Guide by a Builder/Solicitor”.
Additional material which I have now added to the book includes:
- The new homebuying assistance scheme, The First Home Scheme Initiative
- Exempt developments
- BCMS (Building Control Management System)
- Attic conversions
- The timing of your payments and outlays when you are buying
- Nightmare auction purchases
- Advantages of being a cash buyer
- Legal searches on closing day
- What happens when a sale does not complete on closing day
- Property boundaries
- Structural surveys and 4 things that should be covered
- Capital gains tax on the sale of property
- And more
I published this book in 2014, updated in 2016, updated again in August 2020 and the latest update is September 2022.
This book contains all that I know about buying and selling property in Ireland. I have been buying and selling property since I was 23 in 1986.
I have also built and developed and flipped property, both commercial and residential.
I now practice as a solicitor and do a good deal of conveyancing in my daily professional practice.
So, I have seen quite a few property transactions from both sides of the fence, from every perspective.
That experience, combined with my professional training as a solicitor, is what I aim to share in this book.
You can check out the book here on Amazon. It is available in Kindle, Paperback and audiobook.
PLEASE NOTE that I have not yet updated the audiobook to the latest version as I intend recording the entire book to ensure consistency with the paperback and Kindle versions.